Tuesday, October 28, 2008

PLN 6

For my topic I picked the article “US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,188” by the Denver Post. For many people this is a sore subject, because with talk about the war brings talk about the economy and the upcoming elections. This is an especially fragile subject for the military families who have sons, daughters, husbands, uncles and many more fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a subject that I was drawn to because right now my Dad is in Iraq, although he is not in the military he is still in one of the most dangerous places in the world surrounded by extremists who at the drop of a hat would take his life. Sometimes I get extremely worried about my dad when I hear about all the deaths taking place in Iraq. So far the death toll has hit 4,188, and every night I pray to god that my Dad doesn’t make the count 4,189.

No comments: